Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year's Resolutions!

I am not one for traditional new year's resolutions. I never vow to lose weight, join a gym, or diet. These things would never be a part of my life, and go against everything I believe about food, drink, and enjoying oneself. I did however chose to set some personal and professional goals for 2013. I had a very successful and wonderful year in 2012, and want to ensure the same levels of happiness and success abound in this year!

1. Get Lasik. I have two consultations scheduled for this month!

2. Get teeth professionally whitened. My appointment is in two weeks!

3. Bake and cook much more ... at least every other day! So far so good ... I've done well for the first week of 2013 ... on to the next ones! I love the way I feel when I bake and/or cook. I have energy and love to dance around my kitchen as well as grocery shop beforehand. One of my favorite things to do is sit down with my beau and eat, drink wine, and discuss our days. I am looking forward to plenty more nights like this, this year!

4. Read more books on my Kindle, and re-watch old Sex and the City and Glee episodes less! I finally finished reading "Everlasting Meal" for the millionth time, along with J.K. Rowling's "Casual Vacancy" (both fabulous!) I am on "The Paperboys", "The Elegance of the Hedgehog" and "This Is How You Lose Her" next (some great recommendations from my BFF there).

5. Work hard towards my goals ... Enroll in my desired MBA program in August as planned ... and keep going, with my first big career goal being to manage and head up my own team by the time I am 28!

So there they are, my newfound New Year's Resolutions, and hopes and dreams for this fresh new year. I wish you all a beautiful, healthy, and happy year. Leave the ghosts of past years where they belong - in the past. Don't drag them into your present and live freely!


No comments:

Post a Comment