Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Oliv Pit - Review!

I went to dinner with some lovely mama friends and checked out a (new to me) Greek place called Oliv Pit (check out their website here). We ordered several appetizers to share tapas-style.

Tzatziki with pita bread - I would argue that this would be a hard dish to mess up! The ingredients in this simple dip are: yogurt, cucumbers and basic seasonings and oil. It was simple and tasty.

Description


Zucchini Croquettes - I love zucchini, it is easily in my top three favorite veggies, and I love it in all forms (I've even used it in a chocolate muffin recipe!). But these croquettes did not wow me - they were too dense and heavy. 


Grilled Octopus - hands down the winner of the evening! This appetizer did not hold a candle to the other two. Now grilled octopus is one of my favorite things to order, and one of the easiest things for a restaurant to mess up. It has to be cooked just right, and for a relatively short amount of time, otherwise it gets chewy and tough. It's also tricky to season, and most restaurants just over-salt it and leave it rubbery. Well this restaurant NAILED it - it was the perfect texture, and just melted in your mouth. The accompaniments on the tray were perfect - mashed fava beans, briny capers and plenty of fresh parsley. I am planning to return to this restaurant (and SOON), just to order this dish again.


No comments:

Post a Comment