Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Thursday, October 10, 2019

True Food Kitchen - Review!

A new healthy restaurant opened up relatively recently at the Boca mall, True Food Kitchen (see the full menu here). This restaurant's menu and vibe reminded me of Farmer's Table (also located nearby in central Boca, see their menu here).

Drink: Sparkling Antioxidant Tea Refresher (no alcohol)
Ingredients: Green tea, pomegranate, butterfly pea flower
Verdict: Home run! The color, and taste were absolutely delicious. I'd love to try the cocktail version next time.





Appetizer: Kale Guacamole
Ingredients: Grapefruit, roasted poblano, sunflower seeds
Verdict: This was tasty, and I enjoyed it, however I could not taste any grapefruit, and I would have liked that flavor to pop out more. The crunch of the sunflower seeds (they were mixed it, not pulsed as crumbs) really made it stand out!




Entree: Spicy Panang Curry Bowl (with tofu)
Ingredients: Sweet potato, bok choy, green bean, rainbow carrot, basil, coconut curry broth
Verdict: Mildly spicy, but good! My friend and I decided to split this dish, and added tofu. I'm glad we added tofu, because it felt like it needed a protein. There was way too much sweet potato, and not enough of the other veggies like bok choy and green beans. The broth was creamy, spicy and delicious. I would like to try this again with shrimp, although tofu in this was great too. 


Nov 2019:





No comments:

Post a Comment