Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry [Instant Pot]!

I saw this recipe come up on my absolute favorite food blog, Pinch of Yum, and thought - ok how can I get my hands on an Instant Pot to make this marvelous creation?

Luckily my best friend's mom has one, so I borrowed it for the sole purpose of making this fabulous curry recipe.

The ingredients are super simple: onion, garlic (I sauteed both on the stove top first), red lentils (dry), a can of diced tomatoes, a can of coconut milk, a bag of frozen diced butternut squash, a bag of frozen cauliflower florets, red curry paste (jar), tumeric, salt and water. As you can see in the photos below, I bought most of the ingredients at Whole Foods (love their 365 brand!) and this recipe can serve 4 people easily (and I believe I cut the recipe in half as I usually do).

I served this with lime wedges, over white rice. Next time I would add a spoonful of plain yogurt or sour cream on top. Would definitely make this again!

Recipe link here!

I was very impressed with the power of the Instant Pot, but found it a bit difficult to work with (it was my first time). The recipe called for dumping all the ingredients (frozen, dry, etc) into the Instant Pot and setting it to high pressure for 5 min, so I assumed there would be a high pressure button, and I didnt expect there to be 8 other buttons! I had to look in the user guide and set it to manual to get it to work, but it came together in the end.







No comments:

Post a Comment