Having tried and tested several times, I feel confident enough to write a brief guide on what to definitely buy at Aldi's, and what to avoid.
Buy, buy buy!
- Salmon, salmon, salmon! It is delicious, and HALF the price of what you are paying at Publix or Whole Foods, easily!
- Chicken breast - the flavor is the same as Publix, and a bit cheaper too.
- Wine! I love their Winking Owl brand (less than $3) a bottle. I buy white to cook with and Cabernet or Merlot to drink!
- Fresh produce: spinach, zucchini, yellow squash, strawberries, etc. I wish that you could buy just ONE thing, like one large potato, instead of a huge bag of 10, but oh well.
- Chocolate - they have some delicious and very legit German brands for sale
- Toilet paper, baby food/snacks, milk, chips, bread. I had bad experiences with these, so I save these for my Walmart/Publix trips on the weekends.