Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Tacos: Cauliflower Walnut "Meat"!

Another dinner, another successful Pinch of Yum recipe down!

When I heard about tacos made with cauliflower walnut "meat", I was immediately intrigued. I am not a big fan of ground beef, so I ordinarily make tacos with shredded chicken, or order fish tacos if I'm out at a restaurant. I love inventive vegetarian/vegan recipes that switch it up, so I put this on my "to do" list for the week!

You can find the recipe link here!

I took a shortcut and bought a bag of cauliflower florets instead of a big head of cauliflower. I put the bag of florets, a cup of walnuts (roasted, unsalted) and two chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (can) in the food processor and make the puree. I had a hard time with this - next time I would chop up the florets first. I ended up having to take out the whole mixture, and blend half at a time. Once blended, I put the mixture in a bowl and added lime juice and spices (cumin, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper). Stir together and spread it out on a baking sheet to go in the oven for 30 min.

While the mixture baked, I put together the rest of the tacos: flour tortillas, sliced avocado and shredded cheese. Simple and easy! My husband and his best friend devoured them!



Summer 2020:







No comments:

Post a Comment