Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Red Velvet Cupcakes!

Red velvet is one of my favorite flavors to bake with. Everybody loves red velvet, the color is fabulous, and few people know that it is really just a fancypants chocolate dessert. Shh! I've made red velvet cupcakes before, but for these I tested out a different recipe, from Paula Deen over at Food Network. I was intrigued by this cupcake recipe - no butter or eggs! (The lack of pounds of butter being uncharacteristic of Paula Deen, for sure.) The cupcakes came out fluffy and lovely. I used a basic cream cheese frosting, and added some cocoa powder to make it more chocolatey.



This is how I packaged them for the girls at work. I saw the idea on Pinterest and it is so fabulous! A cupcake fits into a small 10 oz plastic cup, wrap in cellophane, tie with a colorful ribbon and cute tag! They are easy to transport, they won't move around or get messy, and they look cute!







No comments:

Post a Comment