Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Monday, March 13, 2017

Spicy Cauliflower Burgers!

Another classic from Pinch of Yum! I love this site, and get so many healthy recipe ideas from them.

This recipe has quite a bit of prep time, so be warned! First you have to cut up a head of cauliflower into florets, sprinkle with lots of spices, and roast. While the cauliflower is roasting away, boil water to prepare the quinoa. Then grate a block of monterrey jack cheese. Combine with breadcrumbs and eggs to form patties. I chose to bake the patties instead of cook them on the stovetop (as is my tendency with this kind of thing), because although I added one more egg than the recipe called for, I didn't feel the patties were strong enough to withstand so much flipping around with a spatula.

I prepared these with toasted sesame buns, chipotle mayo, shredded lettuce, and smashed avocado. They were so good! My husband came home from work and ate 4!

Recipe link here!




No comments:

Post a Comment