Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Friday, May 11, 2018

Chicken Tostadas!

Making tostadas is a biweekly staple in my household. I always buy corn tortillas, avocados, sour cream, a shredded Mexican cheese blend, limes, shredded lettuce, canned black beans, canned corn and enchilada sauce - but then I like to switch it up with my proteins. Sometimes I'll quickly stir-fry some thawed shrimp from my freezer with some taco seasonings (I make my own with chipotle powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, white pepper, cumin and chili powder). Other times, I'll throw some chicken breasts in my crockpot with enchilada sauce and taco seasonings to cook all day, and then I'll shred it in the sauce when I come home after work. The varieties are endless!




No comments:

Post a Comment