Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Beef Tostadas!

Even though I am a little late on the Mexican food bandwagon (considering Cinco de Mayo was 3 days ago!), last night I decided to make tostadas inspired by a post I saw on Gimme Some Oven. She made hers with chicken, but I choose to use ground beef marinated in enchilada sauce (I cheated - from a can!) instead. First I brushed the corn tortillas with olive oil and crisped them up in a super hot oven. Then I spread a layer of refried beans (also from a can - but a good recipe for homemade beans can be found at Annie's Eats) and topped with shredded cheese (Mexican blend). I baked them again for a few minutes to heat up the beans and melt the cheese, then took them out and topped with shredded lettuce, avocado slices, and a heaping dollop of sour cream.  This was a big hit at home, my bf and dad definitely ate their way through this one. This dish is so pleasing because there are layers of flavors as well as so many great textures. In fact, I made it tonight too!



No comments:

Post a Comment