Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Savory Cupcakes, Part Une!

Last night I made my first attempt at a savory cupcake. I had seen a great corn muffin recipe (I would add more salt) on Smitten Kitchen the other day, but I wanted to jazz it up a little. Being a cupcake-lover, it's hard for me to make muffins because they look so naked on top! I bought some Boursin (creamy herb/garlic cheese spread), so I thought that would make the perfect 'frosting' for my cornbread 'cupcakes'. I garnished them with some corn 'sprinkles' and voilĂ !



Afterwards the man and I went out for dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, J. Alexander's, and had some lovely wine, interestingly named "The Prisoner"! It has spices and a hint of blackberries - I love the complex flavor and smell! It was the perfect wine for cozying up in a dark restaurant with a rainstorm outside :)

2 comments:

  1. YUM, that wine sounds delish, and your date sounds so nice! I almost wish it would rain in San Diego so I could do the same thing with Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your savory cupcake look very interesting. I like what you said about muffins being naked on top, cute.

    ReplyDelete