Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Friday, May 4, 2012

Macarons Galore!

My one true culinary love will always be the cupcake, but running a close second is definitely the delicate and intricate beauty that is a macaron. The embarrassing part of this story is that I traveled to Paris twice in my life before becoming infatuated with these fancy French cookie treats, but c'est la vie! I did however visit Maison Laduree in Manhattan last November, and it made for a glorious birthday breakfast moment!

I think macaron-making has to be one of the biggest challenges for an amateur baker. I have attempted them twice, first with Strawberry Macarons and later with Choc Espresso Macarons.

But I digress. There is a lovely 'culinary boutique' in Miami called Mr. Ganache. Last night my friends and I went out to dinner to celebrate the end of the spring semester (we are all in various stages of post-bachelor's studies) and my friends gave a wonderful box of mixed flavors of macarons that were almost too pretty to eat! Almost...







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! You have got one very special friend right there :)

    ReplyDelete