Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Roasted Asparagus Salad!

Working full time and taking night classes for my master's, coupled with my boyfriend's busy work schedule, means that some nights, dinner needs to be fast! As is evident in many of my posts from this past summer, I am a big fan of compiling various ingredients and assembling them all together in one big festive platter. A few nights ago, I roasted asparagus in the oven with olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper. I made some couscous with garlic and dried herbs to accompany the asparagus, along with red kidney beans, and sweet corn. I love the presentation of colors, and the contrasting sweet and salty flavors, along with crunchy and soft textures was very pleasing. This is a great vegetarian meal as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment