Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Monday, October 1, 2012

Foodie Penpals: September Edition!

Last month I was browsing the net, trying to find a good recipe for coconut cream pie per the man's request (this ended up being a total kitchen fail), when I stumbled upon the lovely blog of The Lean Green Bean. A bit more searching and I discovered the awesomeness that is Foodie Penpals! I immediately signed up for the month of September, and if you have never heard of it, you should totally check it out! It was wonderful, and I look forward to participating again this month. The fantastic blogger who I got to send a package to was Katie, over at From Ice Cream to Marathon! It was so nice to connect with her, and I had so much fun picking out all the various components for her package, including my homemade pumpkin butterscotch cookies, mentioned at the end of my last post. She is such a sweetheart, and I love her blog and how positive her message is! You go girl!

The person who sent me a package is Ruthie over at The Tasty Truth, yet another lovely lady blogger. She was recently an intern at Food Network magazine in New York (hello fabulous!) and the package she sent me was so incredible. In our exchange of emails, I had mentioned how my favorite NY bakery is Ladurée, and she sent me some macarons! I was thrilled. The other components were a beautiful note card, ligonberry juice, almond butter, her homemade Pumpkin Pie Granola (which was devoured over a very few amount of days at work!) and a lovely tea. Ruthie - thank you so much! I truly appreciate the effort you went to, and your package was fantastic!



2 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a great package too! Thank you so much for sending mine- it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macarons are the best :) Looks like you had a great pen pal!

    ReplyDelete