Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Curry!

One of my easy, go-to dinners that I like to make is vegetarian curry.

I start by finely dicing a small yellow onion, and cooking it over medium heat in olive oil. I then add freshly minced garlic. Then I add my spices, typically 1 tbsp of curry powder, 1 tbsp of tumeric, 1/2 tsp of paprika, 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of black pepper, and I let the spices cook with the onion, garlic and oil for a few minutes. Next I add a can of coconut milk and sometimes a spoonful of green curry paste, if I currently have it on hand. Finally I add a can of chickpeas, and a bag of spinach leaves and let it all wilt down and cook together. I serve this over white rice, with a healthy pour of Cabernet alongside. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment