Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Black Bean Burgers ... take 2!

I LOVE cooking with beans, they are healthy, colorful, tasty, versatile; what's not to love? So far my favorite bean recipes have been white bean hummus (with cannellini beans), black bean burgers, chickpea burgers, etc! Since I'm evidently on an Annie's Eats old school kick, last night I made black bean burgers and topped them swiss cheese, crunchy multigrain sandwich thins, and mashed up an avocado with lime juice and salt as the 'condiment'. Yum! The patties were soft, but flavorful and moist due to a combination of spices I added while pureeing the beans, so they were more like sandwiches then burgers, but still hearty nonetheless.

And for tonight's dinner I went to a little Russian cafe in the most random location - the third floor of Bloomingdale's at my local mall. I had quiche and a fruit and veggie salad, alongside a glass of Merlot. Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment