Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Simple Dining!

I have said this before, but my boyfriend and I are TOTAL foodies. We spend alot of time either in grocery stores, restaurants, or even watching Food Network together. Lately we've been on a staying-in streak and have been cooking a far share. We had a very memorable dinner a few nights ago, memorable because it was so simple but so delicious! My man did most of the actual cooking while I was relegated to garlic-chopping duties, but as it turned out, I was okay with that ;)

For the protein, we sauteed shrimp in a heavenly sauce made with freshly-squeezed lemon juice, diced garlic, white wine (Chablis), butter, and a healthy splash of white Martini Rossi, our secret ingredient! The Martini is a brand of herby-aromatic vermouth, and it added a wonderful depth and surprising sweetness to the shrimp that made them so very delicious! The lemon juice added a spark of freshness and the wine, butter, and garlic mellowed it all out and made for a rich, flavorful liquid.



We also cooked some green beans in boiling water and doused them with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt - the simplest and best way to eat green beans! A bowl of simple garlic and herb rice pilaf rounded out the rest of our dinner.

Sunshine in a vase :)

Here's a snapshot of our dinner from last week. My man made burgers on the grill (on French hamburger buns - my favorite!), guacamole, grilled shrimp skewers, mushrooms in a sweet red wine and brown sugar sauce, and mashed sweet potatoes.




No comments:

Post a Comment