Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fruity Ice Pops!

About two weeks ago, I was browsing foodie blog pages on Facebook, and this delightful picture from Divalicious Dishes caught my eye:

How beautiful does that look? So colorful and refreshing. I immediately wrote in my planner "Crate & Barrel" and sure enough, days later, I had my own set of ice pop molds:

The next step was to get ingredients for the fruit pops. I decided to start simple and make two layers, one with pureed strawberries, sugar, and freshly squeezed lemon juice, and the other with pureed blackberries and a touch of honey. I love using my Magic Bullet for anything fruit-related (I gave up on my actual juicer a long time ago!) so this was certainly no exception.

After filing the molds (which filled surprisingly fast - I had leftover blackberry puree and lemon juice!), I popped them onto the handy red tray and put them in the freezer. And yesterday I pulled them out:

I took one out and put it in my favorite over-sized wine glass...

 ... and added some of my favorite Pinot Grigio (Santa Margherita!)

It was the perfect summertime drink for extremely hot and humid weather. Yum! Love the color combination here. I can't wait to try other fruits, like mango, peach, blueberries. Delicious!

Source: Divalicious Dishes!



No comments:

Post a Comment