Below are three typical weeknight dinners that I prepare, and my husband and toddler both enjoy.
- Oven roasted chicken tenderloins, seasoned simply with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder, and then diced.
- Portabella mushrooms cooked in a port wine sauce.
- Diced zucchini, oven roasted with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and then oven broiled with Italian breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Oven roasted Asian-marinated salmon fillets. The marinade consists of rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, black pepper, and sesame seeds. (I omit salt because the soy sauce is salty enough!).
- Sauteed cannellini beans and spinach in a white wine, olive oil and lemon sauce.
- Portabella mushrooms sauteed in Marsala wine.
- Brown rice.
- Oven roasted tilapia filets seasoned with olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice, and a pinch of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Oven roasted yellow potatoes and zucchini, seasoned with olive oil, salt black pepper, garlic powder, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Orzo (small type of pasta that more closely resembles rice) and sauteed spinach in a garlicky Alfredo sauce (roux of flour and butter, then minced garlic, heavy cream, milk, and Parmesan cheese whisked together for a thick sauce).