Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

More Spaghetti Squash....

This year really kicked off a love affair between me and spaghetti squash. I am a big time pasta lover, so I am very pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy the healthy veggie alternate of spaghetti squash.

At this point, I've made several different recipes with it, but last week I made an interesting one. Sauteed onions, garlic, and zucchini slowly cooking in a blend of lemon juice, olive oil, chicken broth, and cream. I roasted the chicken tenderloins separately from the spaghetti squash, and then chopped the chicken and added it to the pan with the veggies and sauce. I added some spinach to wilt, seasoned everything with salt and pepper, and then put it all together.

This meal tasted very healthy and fresh. It was easy to make, and substitutions can be made with whatever veggies you have on hand. I would love to try this again with mushrooms or eggplant.







No comments:

Post a Comment