Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Monday, October 23, 2017

Pumpkin Chili and Cornbread Muffins!

I had some good friends over for Sunday night dinner, and I decided to make pumpkin chili, because apparently I haven't hit my pumpkin threshold yet this fall (so far!)

I found a recipe to make it in a crockpot, but decided to sweat the onions/garlic and brown the ground beef on the stove top first. Then I added all the ingredients (chicken broth, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato paste, tomato sauce, canned pumpkin, smoked paprika, chili spice, cayenne pepper) together in the crockpot, and let is stew on low for 8 hours.


Next, I got some orange bell peppers, scooped out the insides, and carved them like mini jack o lanterns!


I made some simple cornbread muffins to serve alongside the pumpkin chili.






The fall table, complete with the requisite cheddar cheese and sour cream.


No good Sunday dinner is complete without some red wine and beautiful glasses!


My very talented friend made these beautiful brioche donuts that tasted like heaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment