Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Baked Risotto and Bridal Cupcakes!

I love Joy the Baker's blog, I love her pictures, the way she writes, her recipes, everything! When I saw she had managed to successfully BAKE risotto (with one stir no less!) I knew I had to make it very soon. I haven't yet made risotto but I figure since it is it's time-consuming stir-ness that intimidates me, why not try Joy's baking method? It was a definite success and the flavors of Parmesan, lemon, thyme, and red pepper flakes really came through, giving it a mild spicy bite. Delicious!

Baked Risotto!

Made on 03/17/2012.

One of my friends is getting married next month and for her birthday celebration this evening, I choose to take yet another page out of Annie Eats' book with these chocolate Kahlua cupcakes. This is simply the best chocolate base cupcake recipe you will ever need. I substituted sour cream for buttermilk and the cake is delicious - moist, chocolatey (more so with the espresso powder - yum!). After I took the cupcakes out of the oven, I brushed them with Frangelico liquor instead of Kahlua (coffee liquor). I added White Chocolate Godiva liquor to the frosting (as well as some pink food coloring), and topped them with pearl sprinkles and little brides and grooms! :)

Chocolate Cupcakes with Kahlua Buttercream Frosting!

Made on 03/18/2012.




No comments:

Post a Comment