Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spaghetti All Aglio e Olio!

This dish has to be one of the simplest, yet it is so delicious! Using fresh ingredients and letting their flavors shine in a basic plate is key. I sauteed white mushrooms in butter and olive oil, then added 5 minced garlic cloves and a bit more oil. I then added 9 oz of baby spinach leaves and cooked it down with the juice of 1 lemon. I cooked spaghetti until al dente, and then added 1/3 cup of pine nuts to the spinach-garlic mixture. Before draining the spaghetti, I reserved two tablespoons of the starchy cooking water and added it to my veggie mix (it keeps everything together!). I dropped the spaghetti in the pot and added a touch of white wine and cream, and stirred it all together. Topped with grated Parmesan and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, this was one of the best dinners I've had in awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment